Pink Haired Librarian Reads

Wendy Grønnestad-Damur is the Teen Services Librarian at the Edmonton Public Library (Canada). Her hair colour changes regularly, but pink often makes an appearance. She loves teen books and South Asian books. Check out this blog to find out what she's reading now.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Letting go of Bobby James, or how I found my self of steam


I picked this one up because of the title. How could I resist? Letting go of Bobby James, or how I found my self of steam by Valerie Hobbs is the story of sixteen-year-old Sally Jo (Jody) Walker, who is left behind at a gas station in Florida by her abusive husband, Bobby James. She's too proud to call home (in Texas) and try to get help, so she finds herself a job, sleeps in the cineplex, and eventually makes a few friends: Effaline, a pregnant girl, and Dooley, who works at the cineplex and lives in a group home. Everything seems to be going fine, until a hurricane hits and Bobby James shows up. An interesting book about friendship and survival. This would make a great audiobook, I bet. I could almost hear Jody's voice as I was reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home